Why choose us?

Our qualified team offer a range of professional Japanese Knotweed removal plans, treaments and solutions to contain the invasive plant.

We can survey within 48 hours, as well as supply reports and elimination strategy to lenders within 72 hours.

Who We Are

Professional Japanese Knotweed Removal Contractors

We are not like any other Japanese Knotweed removal companies, we offer real management solutions to your issues. That is why we offer honest and transparent advice to completely eliminate the aggressive knotweed.

Taylor Total Weed Control Ltd trading as Japanese Knotweed Removal Ltd has a successful 15 year track record of being one of the leading Japanese Knotweed contractors in Wales and the UK.

  • We work in accordance with the Environment Agency’s code of practice for controlling Japanese knotweed (JK).
  • We have the relevant NPTC – PCA – CHAS, qualifications and appropriate licences for the application of the relevant herbicides.
  • We are registered with the Environment Agency under the carriage of waste regulations 2011.
  • Registration number CB/UM3984NA.


Our Property Care Association Membership

Treating, controlling and removing invasive weeds such as Japanese Knotweed can be a daunting process. However, with our professionally qualified team, we are able to find effective solutions which we have been successfully carrying out for many years. All our surveyours and technicians are PCA qualified. Being members of the Property Care Association allows us to follow their codes of practice and standards. These practices are recognised and accepted by the majority mortgage lenders, building societies and local authorities.

Please be wary of companies who say that they are qualified for Knotweed elimination. Most companies do not have the relevant qualifications, accreditation, or insurance to guarantee their work to the satisfaction of the various lenders, banks and solicitors. It is pointless paying for a survey, report and program if it cannot be backed up by acceptable guarantees from competent contractors that satisfy the solicitors, banks and lenders. You can waste money using a company who is not a member of the PCA.

Your Legal Obligation

Japanese Knotweed can cause damage to your home and the land around it. It’s tough enough to break through paving and tarmac. If left untreated, the thickets attract vermin and larger growths can compromise the foundations of a building.

Japanese Knotweed spreads incredibly quickly, mainly due to topsoil movement. Because it is so invasive, local councils and government have created anti-knotweed legislation to prevent the pest from spreading. Harbouring Japanese Knotweed can even leave you liable to criminal prosecution.

Japanese Knotweed was classified as an invasive weed in 1981 under The Wildlife and Countryside Act. This specific legislation declared that any Japanese weed growth in the wild was an offence. Since 2013, it has been the property owner’s responsibility to determine if there is any invasive weed growth on their land. When selling a property, you are expected to declare if any is present and provide evidence of management.


The appearance of the weed changes throughout the year, which can make it difficult for containing Japanese Knotweed. Without effective regulation, Japanese Knotweed damage can cost thousands. Learn how to identify the invasive plant by clicking below.

Residential Knotweed Specialists

Japanese Knotweed can cause problems in getting a mortgage when buying a home. Banks may even refuse to lend at all if there is even a hint of Japanese Knotweed present. For homewoners, the property's value can drop dramatically if a surveyor finds any traces on the land. Buyers may end up pulling out of the deal completely.

The earlier that Japanese Knotweed is identified, the easier it is to remove.

We offer a free initial site check to identify Japanese Knotweed, mortgage surveys and comprehensive plans. All our services come with a 10 year mortgage backed guarantee to ensure Japanese Knotweed never returns.

Commercial Knotweed Elimination

Business owners can end up paying thousands in damages and legal battles because of Japanese Knotweed, not to mention all the delays that comes with them. Developers should inspect the building sit before purchasing. Its presence may bring the project to a halt before it has even begun. This is an important factor to take into account when thinking about your return on investment.

We provide a free site survey to identify the problem and come up with a removal plan to get your project moving in the right direction. Our services are at the highest quality. You can be sure that you will no longer have to think about Japanese Knotweed ever again. We guarantee your commercial property for up to 10 years after elimination.

What Do I Do Next? – Estimates, Surveys & Treatments

Step 1

Firstly we need to confirm you have Japanese Knotweed. This can be done by reading our identification guide, or by sending photographs. Next, measure the area covered by the contamination and answer as many of the questions listed below.

Step 2

Once we have identified the weed we can discuss the appropriate management plan and solutions. This can vary signficantly between clients. You can read our in-depth enquiry pack for more information.

Step 3

If you have been asked for a report, or survey, find out the level of detail is required. This can change our approach for the elimination and disposal of the invasive weed, as well as the subesquent report.

Free Quotation & Assessment

Following the above three step process and by answering the questions below in as much detail as possible, we are able to accurately provide a FREE quotation. There are many variables that can effect the delivery of our Japanese Knotweed removal plan and overall costs. This can range from the extent of the contamination, to the location on your property. Why wait any longer? Email us at info@japaneseknotweedremoval.co.uk, providing us with the answers to the questions below.

Basic Questions

  • Contact details including telephone number, email and address of contaminated property.
  • Are you buying, selling or just re-mortgaging the property? If yes, what stage are you at – do you have a buyer?
  • Has a surveyor, or agent, been to inspect the property and have they seen Japanese Knotweed? What type and level of survey has the bank or other lender asked you to supply?
  • Can you e mail photographs? Where is the contamination? Is it inside your boundary?
  • If it is inside your boundary: How close is the nearest stem to your building? How large is the area of contamination? Is there any Knotweed on neighbouring properties?
  • If the Japanese Knotweed is not inside the boundary of your property, is it on adjacent property or land? How close is the weed to the boundary between you and your neighbours land. How large is the area that is contaminated?
  • How far is the boundary from your building? How far from the boundary to the nearest area of contamination on your neighbours land?
  • If there is contamination on a neighbour’s property, you may need to discuss the contamination with the neighbour. You may have to point out their responsibilities to regulate Japanese Knotweed on their land. Additionally, you might have to ask them to treat their contamination and to ensure they use a competent contractor.
  • We cannot treat the invasive weed on neighbouring land unless you, or your neighbour agrees to pay, or allows you to pay for the elimination on their land. As well as your neighbour's permission for extermination.

Areas We Service

We provide Japanese Knotweed solutions in Cardiff, as well as the whole of the South and West Wales region. Based in Cardiff, we provide Japanese Knotweed treatments to all Cardiff suburbs.

Adamsdown, Butetown, Caerau, Canton, Cardiff Bay, Cathays, Creigiau, Cyncoed, Danescourt, Ely, Fairwater, Gabalfa, Grangetown, Heath, Lakeside, Leckwith, Lisvane, Llandaff, Llandeyrn, Llanishen, Llanrumney, Maindy, Morganstown, Pentrebane, Pentwyn, Pentrych, Penylan, Plasnewydd, Pontcanna, Pontprennau, Radyr, Rhiwbina, Riverside, Roath, Rumney, Splott, St. Fagans, St. Mellons, Thornhill, Tongwynlais, Tremorfa, Trowbridge and Whitchurch.

The larger cities and towns we serve in South Wales includes Newport, Swansea, Bridgend, Llanelli, Port Talbot, Carmarthen, Caerphilly, Chepstow, Neath, Cwbran, Pontypridd, Aberdare, Pontypool, Blackwood and Barry.

Japanese Knotweed Removal Near Me

Whether you are looking for Japanese Knotweed excavation in Merthyr Tydfil, professional Japanese Knotweed removal in Newport, or a Japanese Knotweed Cardiff specialist, we are here to help.

Why suffer from unwanted invasive plants? If you have any further questions, or want a free survey, do not hesitate to get in touch today!

Latest News

zen garden

Zen Gardens

A Japanese Zen garden can be identified as a miniaturised landscape created from an arrangement of rocks, water features, moss, pruned trees and bushes. They also make use of sand and gravel to represent water ripples. Zen gardens tend to be on the smaller size, surrounded by walls. They are meant to be viewed from a […]

Japanese Plants For Your Garden

Japan is full of beautiful plants that brighten up the country’s landscape. However, it would be very selfish of them to keep all their stunning wildlife all to themselves. No matter if you are a lover of Japanese culture or want to create your own zen garden, the following plants will bring beauty and tranquility to […]

feature image

Other Plants That Grow From Rhizomes

A rhizome is the main stem of a plant that grows horizontally underground. They also have the ability to grow their roots down into the earth and shoots up above the surface. Rhizomes are annoying pests because even if a tiny piece gets separated from the original stem, they grow into a brand new plant. […]

See all our news