Why choose us?
Who We Are
Professional Japanese Knotweed Removal Contractors
We are not like any other Japanese Knotweed removal companies, we offer real treatment solutions to your issues. That is why we offer honest and transparent advice to completely eradicate the aggressive knotweed.
Taylor Total Weed Control Ltd trading as Japanese Knotweed Removal Ltd has a successful 15 year track record of being one of the leading Japanese Knotweed contractors in Wales and the UK.
- We work in accordance with the Environment Agency’s code of practice for controlling Japanese knotweed (JK).
- We have the relevant NPTC – PCA – CHAS, qualifications and appropriate licences for the application of the relevant herbicides.
- We are registered with the Environment Agency under the carriage of waste regulations 2011.
- Registration number CB/UM3984NA.
Our Property Care Association Membership
Treating, controlling and removing invasive weeds such as Japanese Knotweed can be a daunting process. However, with our professionally qualified team, we are able to find effective solutions which we have been successfully carrying out for many years. All our surveyours and technicians are PCA qualified. Being members of the Property Care Association allows us to follow their codes of practice and standards. These practices are recognised and accepted by the majority mortgage lenders, building societies and local authorities.
Please be wary of companies who say that they are qualified for Knotweed removal. Most companies do not have the relevant qualifications, accreditation, or insurance to guarantee their work to the satisfaction of the various lenders, banks and solicitors. It is pointless paying for a survey, report and treatment program if it cannot be backed up by acceptable guarantees from competent contractors that satisfy the solicitors, banks and lenders. You can waste money using a company who is not a member of the PCA.
It’s A Legal Obligation To Remove Japanese Knotweed
Japanese Knotweed can cause damage to your home and the land around it. It’s tough enough to break through paving and tarmac. If left untreated, the thickets attract vermin and larger growths can compromise the foundations of a building.
Japanese Knotweed spreads incredibly quickly, mainly due to topsoil movement. Because it is so invasive, local councils and government have created anti-knotweed legislation to prevent the pest from spreading. Harbouring Japanese Knotweed can even leave you liable to criminal prosecution.
Japanese Knotweed was classified as an invasive weed in 1981 under The Wildlife and Countryside Act. This specific legislation declared that any Japanese weed growth in the wild was an offence. Since 2013, it has been the property owner’s responsibility to determine if there is any invasive weed growth on their land. When selling a property, you are expected to declare if any is present and provide evidence of management.
The appearance of the weed changes throughout the year, which can make it difficult for Japanese Knotweed removal. Without effective control, Japanese Knotweed damage can cost thousands. Learn how to identify the invasive plant by clicking below.
Residential Knotweed Removal
Japanese Knotweed can cause problems in getting a mortgage when buying a home. Banks may even refuse to lend at all if there is even a hint of Japanese Knotweed present. For homewoners, the property's value can drop dramatically if a surveyor finds any traces on the land. Buyers may end up pulling out of the deal completely.
The earlier that Japanese Knotweed is identified, the easier it is to remove.
Here at Japanese Knotweed Removal, we offer a free initial site check to identify Japanese Knotweed, mortgage surveys and comprehensive plans for Japanese Knotweed eradication. All our services come with a 10 year mortgage backed guarantee to ensure Japanese Knotweed never returns.
Commercial Knotweed Removal
Business owners can end up paying thousands in damages and legal battles because of Japanese Knotweed, not to mention all the delays that comes with them. Developers should inspect the building sit before purchasing. Its presence may bring the project to a halt before it has even begun. This is an important factor to take into account when thinking about your return on investment.
Here at Japanese Knotweed Removal, we provide a free site survey to identify the problem and come up with a removal plan to get your project moving in the right direction. Our services are at the highest quality. You can be sure that you will no longer have to think about Japanese Knotweed ever again. We guarantee your commercial property for up to 10 years after removal.
Free Quotation & Assessment
- Contact details including telephone number, email and address of contaminated property.
- Are you buying, selling or just re-mortgaging the property? If yes, what stage are you at – do you have a buyer?
- Has a surveyor, or agent, been to inspect the property and have they seen Japanese Knotweed? What type and level of survey has the bank or other lender asked you to supply?
- Can you e mail photographs? Where is the contamination? Is it inside your boundary?
- If it is inside your boundary: How close is the nearest stem to your building? How large is the area of contamination? Is there any Knotweed on neighbouring properties?
- If the Japanese Knotweed is not inside the boundary of your property, is it on adjacent property or land? How close is the weed to the boundary between you and your neighbours land. How large is the area that is contaminated?
- How far is the boundary from your building? How far from the boundary to the nearest area of contamination on your neighbours land?
- If there is contamination on a neighbour’s property, you may need to discuss the contamination with the neighbour. You may have to point out their responsibilities to control Japanese Knotweed on their land. Additionally, you might have to ask them to treat their contamination and to ensure they use a competent contractor.
- We cannot treat the invasive weed on neighbouring land unless you, or your neighbour agrees to pay, or allows you to pay for treatment on their land. As well as your neighbour's permission for eradication.
Areas We Service
We provide Japanese Knotweed solutions in Cardiff, as well as the whole of the South and West Wales region. Based in Cardiff, we provide Japanese Knotweed treatments to all Cardiff suburbs.
Adamsdown, Butetown, Caerau, Canton, Cardiff Bay, Cathays, Creigiau, Cyncoed, Danescourt, Ely, Fairwater, Gabalfa, Grangetown, Heath, Lakeside, Leckwith, Lisvane, Llandaff, Llandeyrn, Llanishen, Llanrumney, Maindy, Morganstown, Pentrebane, Pentwyn, Pentrych, Penylan, Plasnewydd, Pontcanna, Pontprennau, Radyr, Rhiwbina, Riverside, Roath, Rumney, Splott, St. Fagans, St. Mellons, Thornhill, Tongwynlais, Tremorfa, Trowbridge and Whitchurch.
The larger cities and towns we serve in South Wales includes Newport, Swansea, Bridgend, Llanelli, Port Talbot, Carmarthen, Caerphilly, Chepstow, Neath, Cwbran, Pontypridd, Aberdare, Pontypool, Blackwood and Barry.
Japanese Knotweed Removal Near Me
Whether you are looking for Japanese Knotweed excavation in Merthyr Tydfil, professional Japanese Knotweed removal in Newport, or a Japanese Knotweed Cardiff specialist, we are here to help.
Why suffer from unwanted invasive plants? If you have any further questions, or want a free survey, do not hesitate to get in touch today!
A rhizome is the main stem of a plant that grows horizontally underground. They also have the ability to grow their roots down into the earth and shoots up above the surface. Rhizomes are annoying pests because even if a tiny piece gets separated from the original stem, they grow into a brand new plant. […]
Japanese Knotweed must be removed from your land as soon as possible to avoid damaging your property and its value. However, Japanese Knotweed removal has another benefit: when eaten, the plant has a number of health benefits. The pest contains high concentrations of a chemical called resveratrol. It can also be found in red wine […]
UK homeowners are facing one of the biggest problems in recent memory: Japanese knotweed. What are you meant to do if your house has a problem with the pest? How does this Japanese weed affect your chances of getting a mortgage? This post is going to show you everything you need to know on how […]