Cost Effective Control, Removal & Eradication of Japanese Knotweed
We are PCA Registered and our work + guarantees are all accepted by most banks, building societies and lenders.
Who We Are
Japanese Knotweed Control & Eradication
Taylor Total Weed Control Ltd trading as Japanese Knotweed Removal Ltd has a successful 15 year track record of identifying and implementing appropriate and cost effective treatment programs to control Japanese knotweed.
- We work in accordance with the Environment Agency’s code of practice for controlling Japanese knotweed (JK).
- We have the relevant NPTC – PCA – CHAS, qualifications and appropriate licences for the application of the relevant herbicides.
- We are registered with the Environment Agency under the carriage of waste regulations 2011.
- Registration number CB/UM3984NA.
Treating & controlling the invasive weeds such as Japanese knotweed is a relatively straight forward process which Taylor Total Weed Control Ltd have been successfully carrying out for many years. We are experienced and most importantly members of the PCA whose code of practice and standards are recognized and accepted by mortgage lenders, Building societies and local authorities. All of our surveyors and technicians are PCA qualified.
Please be wary of companies who say that they are qualified to treat knotweed. Not all of them have the relevant qualifications, accreditation or insurance etc. to guarantee their work to the satisfaction of the various lenders, banks and solicitors. It is pointless paying for a survey, report and treatment program if it cannot be backed up by acceptable guarantees from competent contractors that satisfy the solicitors/banks and lenders. You may be wasting money using a company who is not a member of the PCA
Japanese Knotweed was classified as an invasive weed in 1981. The Wildlife and countryside act 1981 contains legislation specifically to control the sale and spread of Japanese Knotweed.
The plant is known as an herbaceous perennial and is part of the same family as rhubarb and buckwheat. The characteristics used to identify Japanese Knotweed change depending on the time of year and can make identification a problem for non-professionals. To learn how to identify Japanese Knotweed, click below.
What Do I Do Next? – Estimates, Surveys and Treatment Plans
Free Quotation and Assessment
Basic Questions We Will Ask
- Address where we can contact you (including post code)
- Contact details (Inc. tel number email etc.) and address of contaminated property if different.
- Are you buying or selling or just re mortgaging the property. If yes at what stage are you at – do you have a buyer?
- Has a Surveyor/Agent been to inspect the property and have they seen knotweed? – What type and level of survey has the surveyor bank or other lender asked you to supply?
- Can you e mail photographs to us? Where is the contamination? Is it inside your boundary?
- If it’s inside your boundary: How close is the nearest Japanese Knotweed stem to your building? How large is the area of contamination? Is there any JK on any neighbouring properties as well?
- If the Japanese Knotweed is not inside the boundary of your property. Is it on adjacent property/land. How close is the Japanese Knotweed to the boundary between you and your neighbours land and how large is the area that is contaminated?
- Drawing a straight line from your property to the area of contamination How far is the boundary from your building and how far from the boundary to the nearest area of contamination on your neighbours land.
- If Japanese Knotweed contamination is on a neighbour’s property you may need to discuss the contamination with the neighbour and point out their responsibilities to control Japanese Knotweed on their land. You may need to ask them to treat their contamination and you need to ensure they are using a competent contractor. We cannot treat JK on neighbouring land unless you or your neighbour agrees to pay or allows you to pay to treat the neighbours land and we must also have the neighbour’s permission.
Areas We Service
Our company is based in Cardiff, South Wales. Initially, we are servicing the Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and West Wales regions. However, we have recently began plans to service the entire UK. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
If you have any problems answering the questions required for the free assessment, please do not hesitate to call us and we can go through them with you.